If you are using a normal inverter and want to convert it in a solar inverter then Smarten Prime+ MPPT Solar Charge Controller is for you. All you have to do is install Solar Panels and connect them to your existing UPS via Smarten Prime+.
This Smarten MPPT solar charge controller converts an existing inverter into a solar hybrid inverter. The prime series is basically a MPPT PCU kit that extracts all the available energy from solar panels.
Smarten Prime+ MPPT charge controller also works as voltage and current regulator that prevents your batteries from deep discharging. It performs controlled discharges, depending on the battery technology, in order to protect the battery life. It also protects your solar panels.
Smarten Prime+ MPPT Charge Controller – Unboxing & Installation Video
If you don’t want to go through the lengthy article about Smarten Prime+ then you can watch this video that shows unboxing and installation of Smarten Prime+ MPPT charge controller.
Features of Smarten Prime+ charge controller:
- Eco Friendly
- Great Power Saving up to 20%
- User Friendly Interface
- 100% Solar Priority
- 1 Year Warranty
- Supports Grid Charging
- LCD display with 30% more power generation
Technical Specifications of Smarten Prime+ Charge Controller:
- MPPT 12/24v Automatic 30-50Amps
- 4 Stage Charging: Bulk, Absorption, Float & Equalize
- Compatible with all battery (LA/SMF/Tubular/Solar)
- Complete Protection, Reverse PV, Battery Low, Battery Deep Discharge and High Temp
- Higher Efficiency, Wall Mounting, Power Saving on Display
- Supports Up to 500 watts of solar panel with single battery and 1,000 watts of panel if it is a two battery system (24V)
How to install Smarten Prime+ MPPT Charge Controller?
- Step 1: Locate the Smarten Prime+ MPPT unit away from batteries in a well ventilated compartment.
- Step 2: Mount the Controller to a vertical surface. Allow space above and below the controller for air flow.
- Step 3: It is recommended that connections be made in order from 1 to 6.
- Step 4: Connect the battery first. Use care that PVC wires do not touch the metal case of MPPT.
- Step 5: Connect the Solar PV wires as per standard of solar installation (Conductor size in Sq.mm/wire length etc.).
- Step 6: Connect inverter mains cord to the PCU kit output.
NOTE**The charge controller required approx. 15 second of continuing transition value before it starts to work.
**Make sure the PV and load currents will not exceed the ratings of the require current.
Important Safety Instructions
IMPORTANT: READ AND SAVE THIS OWNER’S GUIDE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. This chapter contains important safety instructions for the Smarten Prime+ MPPT charge controller. Each time, before using the Prime+ solar charge controller, READ ALL instructions and cautionary markings on or provided with the Solar Charge Controller and all appropriate sections of the manual guide.
Safety Precautions to be followed while installation, Operation & Maintenance of Smarten Prime+ charge controller. Incorrect installation and use may result in risk of electric shock or fire. No user serviceable parts in this unit.
- Do not expose the charge controller to the rain, snow, spray or bilge water. Smarten Prime+ is designed for indoor use only.
- Disconnect both PV and battery wire from the charge controller before attempting any maintenance or cleaning or working on any circuits connected to the charge controller.
- Do not operate the charge controller with damaged or substandard wiring. Make sure that wiring is in good condition and is not undersized.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What is the use of solar charge controller?
A solar charge controller regulates the amount of charge delivered to batteries. If there was no solar charge controller and the solar energy made by panels was getting directly to the batteries then that could result in bursting of batteries or premature failure of batteries. You must have read in papers that owing to excess charge given to batteries by cheap and bad quality controllers costed lives as the battery burst.
Another important function of solar charge controller is to maintain the flow of current in one direction only i.e. from solar panels to batteries. Otherwise during night-time the charge could flow in opposite direction from batteries to panels which could ruin your costly panels.
Do you need a charge controller for solar panels?
Not always, but usually. Generally, there is no need for a charge controller with the small maintenance, or trickle charge panels, such as the 1-5 watt panels. A rough rule is that if the panel puts out about 2 watts or less for each 50 battery amp-hours, then you don’t need one.
How do I choose a solar charge controller?
- Voltage Selection: Select a charge controller that is compatible with the system voltage. The standard configurations are 12, 24, and 48 volts. If you are wiring your batteries for 24 volts you need a charge controller that is rated at 24 volts.
- Current Capacity: Select a charge controller that can handle the maximum output current of the solar panel (or solar array).
Smarten Power Systems is more than an inverter company. Since its inception in 2014, beginning with a series of Home UPS, Smarten has developed a range of unique Power Backup Solutions and Solar Products which differentiate it from the Industry. The diverse product range includes Home UPS, Inverters, Solar Power Conditioning Units, Solar Charge Controllers, Solar Inverters, Solar Panels, Batteries, Off-Grid Solutions, Grid-Tie Inverters and Customized Solar Solutions.
Smarten’s products are designed and manufactured in-house to exacting standards and best-practice processes and are backed up in the field by unmatched reliability and the company’s renowned service support. Due to a clear focus on quality throughout the organisation’s operations, Smarten has rapidly established a footprint across India as well as further afield in Nepal, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Dubai, Nigeria, Benin, Uganda and South Africa.
Smarten Customer Care
Toll Free No. – 18001800649