Petrol pumps in India are turning towards solar power. What is the reason behind this? Let’s find out. Earlier, in rural areas power from the grid was available for only 8-10 hours a day. Hence, pump owners had to use Diesel Gensets which consume diesel measuring approximately 1.5 litres per hour.
In addition, these DG sets caused a high amount of noise pollution along with carbon emissions. Also, DG sets require a lot of maintenance on service that adds to its cost.
In such a scenario, Solar has proved to be a boon. In the long run, it comes out much cheaper and requires no or low maintenance.
Not only is it cost-effective, but an innovative and environment-friendly system. Power supply and DG sets are at least 5 times expensive than solar power sets over their life of 25 years.
Benefits of Solar over Diesel Gensets for India’s Petrol Pumps
Nowadays, Solar energy is the ultimate power solution for pump owners. Using solar technology, you can all set to light up your life and pull yourself out of the darkness. Its benefits can be listed as follows:
- Eco-friendly: It is free from all kinds of carbon emission.
- Noise free: Contrary to the DG sets, it doesn’t cause any noise.
- Cheaper: One DG set costs Rs. 16-17 per unit but Solar set can be installed at Rs. 7-8 per unit.
- No more power cuts: With solar energy, you no longer have to worry about power cuts. It ensures 24 hours power supply with proper battery backup.
- Payback period: The initial cost of the entire solar system recovers its cost in approximately 2-3 years.
- Income tax benefit: One can get around 80% depreciation benefit in the first year of solar installation.
How Solar Panel System Works On A Petrol Pump Station?
Watch this short video that shows how the solar panel system works on a petrol pump station.
- Start a Solar Business in India With Rs.25,000 and Earn in Crores
- UTL Solar Shoppe Franchise Business
- Telangana Village Turns to Solar Energy for ‘100% of Its Needs’
Got Queries? Ask with #SolarClap